You will first need to create an ad to post. Your options are based solely on size at this point, pretty simple and straight forward.
Click on the size ad you wish to create and below that there is an option to select an ad type. We recommend along with Google that you select the “Text & display ads” option. Otherwise you might find your ad appearing on your site as a black space that does no one any good.
Customize your ad
There are options to have a custom text style, basically choosing from a their five options or choosing your own custom colors.
You can select a custom channel for your ad as well as set a “back up” ad for when Google has no targeted ads available to show.
Place your ad
Be sure to ad your wed address to your URL channels in Adsense. You can find this section under the “My ads” section at the top. You will then see the menu on the left side change and the section to ad your URL to is under “Content” the first section.
Now that you have created your ad you will have access to the HTML code that will need to be placed on your page. Once the code is placed on your live webpage, your account will need to be approved again. Until the account is fully approved, your ad will appear as a blank space.
- You can and should also link your adsense account with your Analytics account. This will allow you to more easily track viewers actions and which ads are generating revenue on which site.
- Adsense accounts are paid out once you reach $100 dollars in finalized earnings. We recommend you set up direct bank transfer for payments.
- Use Adsense to monetize your videos with in-stream or overlay ads.
- You can use “page-level ads” that will only appear on mobile devices. These are the ads you see that pop up over the top of the page you were looking at on your phone.
- There are ways of blocking ads and specific content you don’t want seen on your site. All very helpful stuff if there are certain ads you don’t want shown.
When your account is finally approved and the code is in place on your site, all you need to do now is direct traffic to your page!